4X4 LIFT KITS
help you get higher and go further
Adding a suspension Lift Kit to your 4WD let's you increase your tyre size and grab that extra ground clearance needed to tackle rutted trails, creeks and sand tracks through to building and construction sites.
Before you purchase a Lift kit there are a few things worth considering to help ensure you get the right balance of lift, comfort and handling. Unless you're one of the fortunate few who actually can spend most of their time off road escaping the daily grind, then your 4WD also needs to be a fairly comfortable on road city-driver as well.
Choosing the right Lift Kit for your driving needs
There are a few basic considerations in purchasing a Lift kit, do the thinking now and you'll have a better chance of getting what you need within your budget.
- Your Vehicles factory suspension specifications and set up.
- What your Vehicle will primarily be used for (Basic Off Road Recreation, Extreme Off Road, Constant load, Haulage or Towing).
- Your primary use may influence the amount of lift you need, Eg: A regularly loaded up ute or wagon may require rear 3 inch lift and 2 inch lift front, to level out.
- The increase in Tyre Size you want to achieve, this is a major factor in the amount of lift you will require.
Modifying your 4X4's factory specs with a Lift kit will allow you to fit larger Tyres to gain more traction and ground Clearance. It's also important to consider what sacrifices you may have to make to your overall ride and comfort, there's generally some trade off required.
- Suspension Lift kits can deliver 2" inch, 3" inch, 4" inch, 5" inch and 6" inch lift. (50mm, 75mm, 100mm, 125mm and 150mm Lift respectively)
- Suspension Lift kits allow you to significantly increase your Tyre size.
- Increased Tyre size means two things, more traction and ground clearance (Oh, and some people think they look cooler as well).
- The ability to tackle rutted, rockier, wetter or sandy tracks is the number one benefit of a Lift kit.
- Overall driving visibility is generally increased from your vehicle sitting higher on the road.
- Consider how you'll feel (or your family) regularly climbing in and out of your vehicle.
- Get the height you genuinely need, any more and you may unnecessarily feel like a mountain goat!
- Overall ride comfort (and handling) will be compromised by varying degrees compared to factory set up.
- The higher you go, the more you will increase your 4wd's center of gravity, increasing the risk of roll over.
- A basic Coil Spring Lift Kit should come with Shock Absorber and Coil Spring sets
- A comprehensive Coil Spring Lift Kit should come with Shock Absorber and Coil Spring sets, Panhard rods, Caster bushes, Extended Brake hoses
- A basic Leaf Spring Lift Kit should come with Leaf Spring and U-Bolt sets
- A comprehensive Leaf Spring Lift Kit should come with Leaf Spring an U-Bolt sets, Spring and Shackle bushes
- Torsion Bars should come with strengthening brackets and fixings
Narvara, Pathfinder, Patrol
OnlineAutoParts.com.au stocks a great range of Lift Kits, Shock Absorbers, Coil Springs, Leaf Springs, Panhard Rods, Torsion Bars, Sway Bar Links, Suspension Bushes and more all at everyday low prices (often well below RRP) so you can improve your overall Suspension performance while saving money. *Price range shown (Feb 2019) is illustrative only and subject to change.
Suspension is a vital component of a vehicle. We recommend a qualified technician always perform suspension component repairs and upgrades. If you choose to DIY please be sure to check your work carefully before taking a sensible test drive.