Differences between Rotor Styles
Do you like them smooth or dimple drilled and slotted?
To understand the difference between Rotor styles, it is first important to understand the fundamentals of brake performance.
Braking performance is the braking systems’ ability to dissipate heat and ability to convert energy mainly from a combination of Rotor, Caliper and Pad, however other factors such as tyres and suspension also come into play.
Factory braking systems were designed for efficiency under normal driving conditions, and this is open to interpretation. Constantly carrying or towing a lot of weight in your vehicle and/or living in mountainous regions with steep roads are two factors that are massive contributors to heat build-up in your brakes, the main cause of Brake Fade.
We offer both Standard (smooth) Rotors and Dimple Drilled and Slotted Rotors to suit a wide range of vehicles. If you're considering Rotor replacement, then it may be worth spending a little more to upgrade to our Dimple Drilled and Slotted range to help increase your overall Braking performance.
Available Rotor styles at OnlineAutoParts
- Smooth (standard) Rotors are the factory fitted standard for most manufacturers though can shorten the life of your pads due to excess heat build-up (cracking or glazing) if you do not match with the right Pad to suit your driving needs.
- Our Standard Rotors are Bi-directional so can be used on either left or right sides.
- Rotor operation remain as manufacturer intended.
- Driving suitability: Standard Rotors are suitable for all driving styles and vehicles.
- Suitable Pads: We offer a range of Semi-metallic Pads to match Standard Rotors to suit all driving styles (General, Performance, Off Road) and budgets.
"Dimple Drilled and Slotted"
- The Dimple Drilled holes (surface cavities) combined with Machined grooves draw cool air into the space between the pad and rotor to increase heat dispersal for cooler braking operation. Brake dust, snow and rain water dispersal is also increased. Some cars may experience an increase in driving noise due to the air turbulence created by the curvature of slots channelling as much air as possible while rotating.
- Our Dimple Drilled and Slotted Rotors are Bi-directional and can be used on either left or right sides.
- Driving suitability: Will improve braking performance for all vehicles and driving styles.
- Suitable Pads: We offer a range of Semi-metallic Pads to match Dimple Drilled and Slotted Rotors to suit all driving styles (General, Performance, Off Road) and budgets.
Some other Parts retailers may not be so Super or Cheap after all.
The level of savings will of course vary across our wide range of Parts pending your vehicle and fitment, but we think our prices are some of the most (if not the most) competitive on the market.
Our Super Saver members automatically save even more on every purchase!* Not a member? No problems, it's Free to join, simplySign up & Subscribeto Save!
How much could you save?
OnlineAutoParts.com.au stocks a great range of Rotors at great prices(often well below RRP) so you can improve your overall Braking performance as well as save money!
Brakes are a vital component of a vehicle. We recommend a qualified technician always perform brake component repairs and upgrades. If you choose to DIY please be sure to check your work carefully before taking a sensible test drive.